Sunday, February 23, 2014

out with the old, in with the new...

My favorite photo of the rocker. This image is from my living room when i was in Tarifa, Spain.
I found the fabric on a fabric trip to Casablanca in 2006.

a faux fur sample made for my french buyer, shooky. 
a limited edition which hung in the master bedroom, looks fantastic.

i have custom made bohorocker lounge chairs for hotels. this one is hung in Patagonia, Chile.

my andrea, modeling our favorite indian made lilac and magenta brushed cotton chair, taken in pondycherry in 2006


At Bohorockers we have spent years trying to make the best possible stands to hang the chair from. We have tried so many designs but mostly in wood and metal…but always ending in a compromise which sent me back to the drawing board. My new design made from oxidized mild steel has had to respect all the other stand manufacturers out there and not copy them…so it is exciting to have caught a design in the wind which is so functional, striking and strong. 

The NEW Bohorocker stand made from oxidized mild steel coated in transparent acrylic, with an oak wood foot plate. 
Its angles frame the rocker. After making stands for 10 years it is so surprising on having a product design lift how long it took to get here….but that is the nature of the creative process!

No comments:

Post a Comment